Info for artists
Made in the Hood – would you like to promote & sell your home-made crafts??
If yes, please read on.
We set up the Made in the Hood website exclusively for small, local producers of arts, crafts, jewellery, ceramics and other home-made produce.
The idea is to provide an on-line gallery for local producers who would like to promote their work locally alongside other local crafts.
We aim to provide a simple, low cost means of promotion for people who may not wish to set up their own, independent websites.
It also provides a shopping gallery for customers who like to support local producers, but don’t always know where to find them.
How does it work?
- use the website to showcase your goods with photographs & descriptions
- provide details of how people can contact you (e-mail etc)
- arrange your own collection and payment (maybe arrange to deliver, or use a meeting place such as the Village Market as a collection point if you do not wish to trade from home)
- we can handle financial transactions through the website if required by the artist
- we manage promotion and advertising of the website
When did we start?
We are a fairly new enterprise, and we launched the website with our first 6 producers in September 2011, in time for all the Christmas shopping. We will keep the site running all year round. We offer the facility to sign up for 4 months at a time (especially for seasonal crafts) or for the whole year.
How can I find out more?
Please e-mail email@example.com to express your interest and ask any questions.
Look forward to hearing from you
Helen Carlile & Teresa Munn
If you don’t know us that well, Teresa has extensive experience in business operations and marketing and Helen in business website design and marketing and we are both currently involved in successful local community projects. We are also both very keen on craft!